Free State Premier visits N6 road crash patients, survivors relive accident


FREE STATE - Accident survivor Nombuselo Mavis Masebe was rudely awoken from her peaceful sleep by a loud bang.

She would later find herself lying on the roadside with fellow passengers. Some of them had sadly died from the terrible accident involving a bus and a heavy motor vehicle which claimed 10 lives on the N6 road near Reddersburg in the morning of Wednesday, 5 March 2025.

“I was sleeping in the bus and looking forward to seeing loved ones back home in Butterworth when I heard a loud bang. I was also hit by a seat on the face. I passed out and later regained consciousness after I had been taken out of the bus,” Masebe said.
She, together with six other patients, were transported to Pelonomi hospital but will soon be discharged. Premier MaQueen Letsoha-Mathae and MEC for Health Monyatso Mahlatsi visited Masebe and the others.

“I am saddened by the loss of lives from this terrible accident. Road safety remains a priority and as government, we are intensifying our efforts to curb road fatalities. This accident was a painful reminder of the job at hand; the urgent need to intensify our road safety awareness campaigns.

I also want to thank emergency personnel as well as hospital staff for attending to the injured. On behalf of the Free State Provincial Government and the people of our province, I would like to extend our condolences to all the affected families during this difficult period. We also wish the injured a speedy recovery,” said Premier Letsoha-Mathae.

Comments

IN CASE YOU MISSED IT

WOMAN KILLED AFTER ROCK THROWN FROM BRIDGE ONTO R24 NEAR BEDFORDVIEW

MTN 8 results: Orlando Pirates takes lead against Sekhukhune United

HUSBAND TO APPEAR IN COURT FOR RAPE OF HIS WIFE

Parliament approves extension of driving license card validity