Good News: Loadshedding suspended by Minister

JOHANNESBURG - The Minister of Electricity Kgosientsho Ramokgopa has announced the suspension of loadshedding this morning, Sunday, 2 January.

His brief statement reads: 

I am pleased to announce that load-shedding, which began on Friday, 31 January 2025, has been officially suspended from this morning 06:00, 02 February 2025! 

This has been achieved through the relentless efforts of our dedicated teams at Eskom. 

I want to take a moment to sincerely apologize for the disruptions and challenges that load-shedding has imposed on your daily lives. The frustration and difficulties you have faced can never be normalised.

I therefore wish to assure you that we remain committed to ensuring that load-shedding is permanently behind us through our continued and tireless efforts to deliver reliable, affordable, and accessible electricity for all.

Comments

IN CASE YOU MISSED IT

MTN 8 results: Orlando Pirates takes lead against Sekhukhune United

ETHEKWINI TEAMS ATTENDING TO FALLEN TREES AND STORM DAMAGE ACROSS THE CITY - SEE AFFECTED AREAS

Penuel "The Black Pen" Mlotshwa makes his vote public

JUST IN: The Gauteng National Taxi Association threatens to strike for SEVEN DAYS, HERE'S WHY